JINDAL CENTRE FOR THE GLOBAL SOUTH (JCGS)
About Jindal Centre for the global South
Jindal Centre for the Global South (JCGS) is affiliated to the School of International Affairs (JSIA), O.P. Jindal Global University, Haryana – India. It draws researchers from across the faculties of social sciences and humanities from inside and outside India. JCGS conducts policy-oriented research, dialogue and training into the social, economic and political key issues across countries of the Global South with a special emphasis on South-South Cooperation and its underpinning development opportunities for the Global South countries.
JCGS invites motivated international and national research scholars to apply for our Online Research Internship
Title of the post: Research Intern
Areas of research: Social Sciences, Humanities and Legal Studies Term: 20 weeks from the date of appointment.
Remuneration: Certificates shall be issued on proper and prompt completion of the internship assignments and tasks.
Key responsibilities: Research and Writing Projects will be assigned to the internees after their final selection. It may include:
- Collect data, conduct literature search and literature review Data analysis and Report writing
- Content development- Preparing inception reports, project implementation plans
- Writing regular opinion/ articles on the relevant topics Writing research/project proposals and papers Proofreading
- Transcribing interviews Editing center’s publications
- Curating content for slideshows, editing copies, and press releases
Minimum Eligibility requirements
- Post Graduate students, Research Students (Master and Ph.D.) with serious research interest can apply.
- Good researching and writing skill.
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written.
- Computer skills inclusive of basics such as typing, proper and prompt management of desktop, folders and files to more extensive usage of Ms Office high end operations, file format conversions, internet and browsing knowledge.
Preference shall be given to candidates with following qualities
- Commitment to research methodology, and structured learning. Desire to learn and grow, both individually and as a part of a team and institution.
- Openness and respect to all schools of thought and new ideas. Pro-activeness as to research and academic initiatives Consistent academic and research interests and working culture. Multi-tasking readiness and interests.
- Active virtual presence through social networking websites and social media writings, which includes blogging and other web posting.
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com with subject “Research Internship”
- A Statement of Purpose (Not More Than 300 Words)
- Your Latest Resume
- Academic Writing Samples
- Copy of highest certificate received
- An interview (Skype, if the situation demands) may be conducted before you receive an offer letter.
- The Centre reserves the right not to appoint anybody.
- Additional Documents/Certificates supporting your CV may be requested during the time of interview/appointment or any other time if required.