JINDAL CENTRE FOR THE GLOBAL SOUTH (JCGS)
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR INTERNSHIP
Jindal Centre for the Global South (JCGS) is affiliated to the School of International Affairs (JSIA). It draws researchers from across the faculties of social sciences and humanities from inside and outside JGU. JCGS conducts policy-oriented research, dialogue and training into the social, economic and political key issues across countries of the Global South with a special emphasis on SouthSouth Cooperation and its underpinning development opportunities for the Global South countries. The Centre promotes the unity of the South in achieving the SDGs while recognizing the diversity of national interests and priorities. Jindal Centre for the Global South works on a wide range of issues relevant to the developing countries, such as development policies, sustainable development, development nance, climate change, global governance, economic and social development, South-South Cooperation, global economic conditions, technology transfer, access to knowledge, international trade, health and food security. More details, you can visit: http://www.jsia.edu.in/jindal-centre-for-the-global-south/
Jindal Centre for the Global South (JCGS) invites application for internship in the following positions:
- Administrative Intern: Assisting in the preparations of special events and commemorations. Providing technical, logistical and administrative support as required. Reporting to and performing other duties as required by the executive director of JCGS
- Research Intern: Collect data, conduct literature search and literature review Data analysis and Report writing Content development- Preparing inception reports, project implementation plans Writing regular opinion/ articles on the relevant topics Writing research/project proposals and papers
- Editorial and Content Intern: Proofreading Transcribing interviews Editing center’s publications Curating content for slideshows, editing copies, and press releases
- Social Media and Communication ern: Ideating, discussing and conceptualizing new projects, campaigns, and initiatives Work on content for the Centre’s website and all social media handles
- Legal Intern: Analyzing legal issues pertaining to international trade and investment law that are affecting the Southern globe. Writing reports on issues related to international economic law such as the WTO law, investment law, and legal issues relating to economic integration. Assisting in preparing JCGS’ funding proposals/research projects and cooperation agreements between JCGS and other research institutions/organizations.
The applicant can be enrolled in any discipline of social sciences at any level (B.A., M.A., Ph.D. and PDF). Applicants from outside JGU are also welcome to apply. Those willing to apply may send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their preference of the intern positions, along with the following documents:
1: A Statement of Purpose (Not More Than 300 Words)
2: Your Latest Resume
3: Relevant Writing Samples
4: Recommendation letter (if it is available, as it shall give more credits to your application)
All these documents must be emailed before 12am, Saturday the 28 of March, 2020. Selected applicants will be notied about the outcome of their application before 11 of April.
The term of association for each selected applicant shall begin from 1st April, 2020 (for a minimum period of 10 months). Any selected JGU applicant will not be required to stay on campus during the off-semester months, and for applicants from outside JGU, they are not required to stay on campus during the internship period, they will be assigned task and doing reporting by emails and only during Centre’s organized events they will have to attend/participate.
In case of any query, you may write to the centre email@example.com or Dr. Hebatallah Adam, the Executive Director of JCGS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:This internship is without any stipenship. After completing the internship successfully, interns shall get a certicate from the Centre for the same.
Looking forward to receiving your applications to join JCGS team.